Pits of Doom (database required)
A while back I was working with some interns and I created this game to teach them PHP and MySQL. We ended up making a little multiplayer online fighting SIM game which I’ve polished up a bit since then. I’m going to share the insights of creating your own PHP/MySQL game by posting the code for this game under the GNU public license. That way you’re free to edit/update and change it as you see fit. I’d appreciate it if you post a link back to my website design1online.com, LLC if you use the code.
The available lessons are below with more to come. Enjoy.
- Lesson 1 – the planning stage
- Lesson 2 – breaking it down
- Lesson 3 – mixing things up
- Lesson 4 – and array we go
- Lesson 5 – easy map editor
- Lesson 6 – mysql database class
- Lesson 7 – join, login & lost password
- Lesson 8 – monsters & field of view
- Lesson 9 – bring the fight
- Lesson 10 – member interaction